Snapshots of My Life

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

They Make Me Laugh!

One of my teacher friends recently suggested that several of us collaborate and make a "Book of Stupid" documenting all the crazy, stupid, and simply ridiculous things our students do.  Although I'm not sure how well it would work out as a book, the idea of recording all my crazy fun moments as a teacher seemed brilliant, so I began writing them down.  I had one today that just seemed too funny not to share.  Enjoy!

Today I forgot that my clock is a minute fast and finished my lesson and reminders with two minutes of class time left.  The kids, of course, decided to take full advantage of this brief free time.  

Two of the guys had been on one all day hitting, poking and teasing each other.  Noticing that I didn’t have anything for them to do at the moment, Tyson immediately began to chase Mike around the classroom.  Mike had already packed up to leave and was wearing his backpack.  The backpack had a strap hanging down with a buckle on the end.  As Mike ran past one of the desks this buckle hooked on a bar that connects the desk to the chair causing the desk to be jerked after Mike.  

Tyson, noticing Mike’s predicament, stopped to laugh at his victory.  Mike had a look on his face that told me he was not completely sure what was wrong;  however, he was determined to get back at Tyson, so he began running again, only this time as the pursuer.  What he did not know is that the desk was still connected and so continued to follow him as he ran, making the pursuit difficult.  

I stood nearby watching and trying with every ounce of self-control I had to avoid laughing at these boys.  What grade am I teaching again?  11th?  No, you must be wrong.  I’m sure they’re 4th graders!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Classic! You must be such a great teacher! I miss ya and keep posting those funny stories!

Sunshine and Happy Days


Love Songs